Tuesday, November 24, 2009



Perfect health blossoming inside out






A bud that is healthy will blossom it not heathly the bud definition of health, what is health? What is being healthly? Of couse phycally strong, mentaly calm, steady, emotionaly softer inside.When you feel rough inside, then that is not health, like when you feel rough in body, you say I am not healthy, I am rough, I am sick, so in the same way when the mind is stiff, mind is jugement, then it is not a mental health. The emotions are rough, you are not emotionally healthy. Healthy is that flow from the innermost to the outer, and vise versa, from the outer to the inside. In sanskrit the is Versesvasta, Svasta means health. It also means being in oneself. Svastswa means self. Stam, established in self, is the word for health. So it is normal to be enlightened, and to be unenlightened is not normal. And it is something more to it... Svasta the health is not just to be on mind that is happening it has come to you as a gift from the cosmic mind that is called by a word called “Indra”. Indra means if the person is there, very disturbed and stressed spends some time and he goes out of the room and someone else enters that room they for no reason start feeling the same feelings, same thoughts, same emotions. In the same way, when there is a satsang happening in this place, when there is a such harmonious vibrations, one comes in and feels good. You dont know why one feels good, one feels good. Feeling is not isolated in ones body, it is wide spread. Just like our breath is not isolated or limited in ones body, it is there in the whole room, in the whole environement. In same way, mind is in the whole environment because mind is even subtler than the 5 elements. The earth, water, fire, air, ether. Like if there is a fire somewhere the heat is not just in fire, it is also radiating thoughout the room. Subtler than that is air, is all over. Subtler than that ether is still present. Subtler than ether is mind, thougths in the mind. They are all over, and emotions even finer, they are all over. If you are unhappy, you are depressed, you are not only, not only we are feeling it, we are polluting the whole environment. In future, time may come that you may be fined for being depressed, like if you litter, you will be fined for littering, cause we are creating emotional disturbance in the whole environment. But how to get rid of this, that is the secret, that is the main thing, of meditation, of pranayam, cause prana is subtler than emotion, prana the life energy, subtler than emotion. So you handle the subtlest, and then the gross becomes alright. You handle the breath, body gains good health. So the prayer has been in the ancient days, let this collective consciouness, the Indra, the environment bring me always health, let it always put me back to myself. Let it always keep me centered and joyful, and happy, let everyone whom I meet always bring me back to myself. Let not my company drive me astray. Let not the people I meet make me more sad or unhappy. Let everyone whom I meet in this world bring me home light, and bring me some soothing, cooling influence on “this is important“, see you meet somebody, and they say something, see what do you do with that, what happens to you? With the words that you have heard from the company, your friends, has it given you peace and joy, or has it disturbed you. Just stand back and (see/say) we don’t assist this usually this is what happens we meet people, they say something that creates jealousy in us, anger in us, frustration in us, sadness in us it is not that they are responsible, we are responsible. You are responsible for assisting, because the mind is not in it´s self, it is not the center. This we discussed, how we can gain that peace, which could be unshakeable, which cannot be shaken by anything whatsoever. But now you can make a wish, the wish is, let everybody who I meet be happy, even they are not happy, they radiate happiness, they bring me home happiness. A frustrated man will create a frustration. A person who is jealous, will create jealousy, create unpleasantness. So let every whom I meet bring me back to myself. There is a prayer saying let everybody be happy.



You know, people who do not know, do not create much problems, people who know creates a lot of problems. Those who do not know, very innocent beings, they cannot create a problem for you. But those who know half and half, who know a little bit can create a lot of problems. In this world this has been the case for long ago; problems have been created by those who know a little. Those who totally, there is no question of any harm; and those who do not know absolutely anything, no question any harm, they are like a children. So we say those you know in the world something let them also put me back to myself. This prayer is not just when I am sittng here, I gain knowledge when I go out I become different person, it is not that, let me have favorable atmosphere even after I go from here and work in the world, not only when I am gaining knowledge, but also when I am working. Svasti .From every corner, everyone whom I meet, anything I do, let it all be life supporting, let it all be revolutionary. Let everything in the world be harmonious and revolutionary. That is why I want to come here and be in the satsang, what is purpose is to see tat everything is harmonious, everybody be harmonious. Every situation you can turn to your advantage have you ever thought about it.

 I will tell you a story. It is between two kingdoms, they were long rivals, long enemies. But then people advised one of the king: why why to have this rivalry and fight all the life, why dont you make you friends; he said alright, okay, see he sent one of his pictures to the other king as a token of the present and the other king took the picture and he was sarcastic, he thought you know usually people when they are rivals an enemies, they dont trust, they dont believe. Even the good will is not believed. So he did`nt believe. He said okay, where to put this picture, and he thought, okay you put this in my toilet. It became a big insult to have put a picture in a bathroom and his ambassador who took this message came back and reported to the king and the king. And he asked the advisor why did you advise me to send this picture there, see I have been insulted. But you know, advisors are very intellegent, you know what the advisor said “Oh, King it is very good, that man must be so afraid of your picture, he may be suffering from big constipation problem, so in the bathroom he looks at your picture, he may find it very easy there so he...“ This satisfied the king who was going to wage a war; this was really something to happened. It is not a story, it is a history. One advisor, one minister, adverted a whole war between 2 kingdoms in India. Because he said, this is what the fact is any situation otherwise can explode, or you can turn it into your advantage. Someone calls to you, you look like a ghost, you can go on fighting with them, how dare you call me like that, call me a ghost, and then that is the way the sprak triggers and the whole fight begins. Instead of that you could easily just say, yes I am a holy ghost. Finished, the whole argument finishes there. You know there are stories in Puranas in ancient days, that somebody with a bow and arrow, and they shoot this arrow and this weapon came and the saint just did his hand like this and turned into a flower, the weapon which was going to to hit a hurt a person just by the hand, by the look, it turned into a garland, or into a flower, this is what it is. Somebody is shooting an arrow at you, they are shooting because they are miserable. But when you have blossomed from within, any insult you can take it for your advantage. Take every insult as a compliment. Every insult can be taken as compliment. Does`nt matter, cannot be insulted, cannot be insulted at all. They are simply pouring out the stress or the tension or anguish and anxiety in them. So you recieve it, take it.



It so happened Buddhas time, another story about Buddha. In Buddha`s period, India was very prosperous Buddha made a big joke, he made monks go beg arms in front of the homes, because this is very difficult to ask for a food that those very well educated and people who think they are in a control, when they have wealth, they use to think I am in the control, I know everything, I can buy the whole world. Buddha wanted to, because he himself was a king, was an emperor so he gave a begging bowl in the hands of these people, highly educated, high intellectuals scholars, that was very crushing for the ego, so the people used to go on the begging, this was not common in those days. Nobody used he beg, there was not need to beg, cause everybody was prosprerous, it so happened, one of the, like any no movement it not very much welcomed by the people. Buddhas people were not welcomed he was going and asking for arms. So one lady, she came out the house and she got really angry at this person who comes and asks for arms. The rule is, they should go and ask in 5 houses, and what ever they get, they should eat that. So when they go, and this lady comes out of the house and takes the garbage can, and pours the garbage into his bowl. Some other people got upset, look at the lady, if she cannot give, she could have simply said no. But instead of refusing, poured the garbage into the begging bowl; but this (?? Viksho??) this munk started laughing. And he thanked her, at the least you had the tendency to give something, does`nt matter if it is garbage or food. You had the tendency of giving, and all that anger that you building in for these several days, at least you threw them all with the garbage you expressed them out so that now you could be comfortable. When the people shout or brust out, you can only thank them, well my god, thank so much was getting built in it as all come out. Okay now , fine, wonderful, I am saying we should encourage this tendency in us and always justify that. But when it happens, do not regret it. What do we do, we go on regretting with regret we commit the same error again.

A man came in the satsang of Buddha, he was so annoyed he spat in the face of Buddha, everybody else was really shaken by that, this man comes and spits on the face of Buddha in a crowded congregation. Thousands of people are there, but they could not react because Buddha was smiling, accpeted it, when he did not react, it was a shock on this man. Anyway he went home but he could not sleep that whole night, something happened, the very presence of Buddha, something shook up in him. He comes the next day running, and falls at the feet of Buddha, and says please forgive me, please pardon me, I don`t no what I did, why I did that, Buddha says I cannot forgive you. When Buddha said I cannot forgive you all the disciples were more shoked now; said what, Buddha says I cannot forgive you, and this man is pour fellow is crying, he is weeping, and Buddha says, I cannot forgive you. And then Buddha explained, see that man is not here right now, to whomever you spat, neither the man who spat is here, neither the man on whom you spat is here right now. When you have never made mistake, how can I forgive you even? He lifts him up, embraces him and teach him the Dhama of meditation and he crosses this bondage and becomes free. Simple things, when I say okay I forgive you, I make you culprit, where as you are not culprit, the stress in you has been a culprit. And when the stress is gone, whom to be forgiven? And it was the stress in one person, which thinks somebody is a mistake and some body has done a mistake, and who is the forgiver. And who is to be forgiven? Stress forgive the stress. When I am ride of stress, I see this only as a game, as a play , when there no winnig or losing or whatever in there, is just all a game, a play, it is not fight it is not war. It is fun, even play, we say I wom and I lost, but fun, there is no winning no losing; it is just a fun. ( Swastino.) Let me have that fun in life, the knowledge that I gain in life, let it always enter in me. Whith this thing Upanishad, a student comes sits near to learn more about his whole life, and then, mistery of his whole creation. This is the biggest question in the mind. What is life, why am I here, what is happening to me. What is this world, what is love, what is knowledge. All these enquiry, it is very fortunate that this inquiry comes up in your mind. And then it needs to be understood, it cannot be read in the books, but lived. Lived through so one sits, and under those, the transformation. That is health, you are transformed; and the bud becomes totally blossomed flower, sunflower, whatever. Bud it is blossoming.

(End)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Wonderful lessons. Be well,
Tonya